Wednesday, September 15, 2010

House Scarves

The party will include a Sorting Ceremony, during which the children will be sorted into their houses (and the adults, too, if they want). I wanted the kids to have something to denote which house they're in, and I settled on scarves. At first, I was planning on crocheting them and had my aunt teach me how. But as I started working on them, it became apparent that I'd never have enough time to get them done. My next idea was fleece scarves, and they turned out very well.



I bought blizzard fleece from Joann's in the house colors (red/gold for Gryffindor, green/grey for Slytherin, yellow/black for Hufflepuff, and blue/orange for Ravenclaw--orange being the closest I could find to bronze). I cut the fleece into 11"x12" squares and used three of each color for a scarf. I cut fringe about three inches long on opposite sides and tied the squares together, tying plain knots in the two end squares. Obviously, the kids will be able to take these home as part of their favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment