Saturday, September 11, 2010

Inspiration

I've been a big fan of Harry Potter for the last ten years or so - naturally, I was thrilled when my oldest started to get into the series. We read the first book aloud last summer, the second one early this summer, and we're just finishing up the third book now. I'd been waiting and waiting for the opportunity to plan a Harry Potter party, and Colwyn finally cooperated by asking for a HP party this year!

I generally go overboard with the kids' birthday parties after they reach a certain age (we do really low-key parties the first few years), not because I think it's necessary, but because I just love planning and hosting great parties. This one is going to be extra over-the-top because I'm such a big fan, and because a lot of our (adult) friends are fans, too.

Planning started off by trawling the internet for ideas. I took a lot of inspiration from the birthdays described at this Birthday Party Idea website, as well as from The Hogwarts Celebration and My Harry Potter Party. I've allowed myself two full months to plan and prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment