Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Food

Here's the cake. Harry is made out of gum paste, which I will never work with again. The only upside was that I got the decoration done in advance, so I wasn't up until 3am the night before the party doing the cake, like I usually am.



After our activities were done, the kids got to go to Honeydukes. We had Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans (several boxes of Beanbozzled Jelly Bellies mixed with regular ones). Chocolate frogs that a friend of my husband's made (thanks!). I also made cockroach clusters (little heaps of pretzels covered in chocolate) and peppermint toads (white chocolate toads filled with peppermint buttercream). Some lemon drops rounded out the offerings.



The Leaky Cauldron offered bat wings (chicken wings from a local BBQ place), Molly Weasley's Meat Pies (my husband made these), parchment scrolls (wraps from the grocery store), and fruit wands (fruit kabobs).

1 comment:

  1. Love it! We have two teenage children and the whole family has enjoyed Harry over the years. Harry Potter Party Supplies

    ReplyDelete